- 2/3 cup canned chickpea liquid (less salt is best)
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 120°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the chickpea juice until it starts to turn white.
- Add the caster sugar, one tablespoon at a time before adding the xanthan gum and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Once the meringue is firm, carefully pour onto the lined baking tray, making a large disc about 8cm high.
- Bake in the oven for 2-2 1/2 hours.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Store in a air tight container if you don’t want to use it straight away